Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Spy Who Came In From the Cold

I offer up a prayer to the patron saint of Bookgeeks--Looks like the closest I'm going to get is Saint Jerome, the patron Saint of Librarians.. I cannot get through this book. Maybe it's because I'm not a fanatic for spy novels. I have tried and tried to read this book but I cannot get into it, I feel like I am limping along with a mortal wound and this book is driving the sword further in.. I don't know what it is. It is a well written novel, and an easy read but the material does not interest me. I was even shocked when the book group even wanted to compare it to Ian Flemmings 007. I'm not sure what to do next, Lady Chatterley's Lover is the next book for the group and I honestly look forward to that more than anything else. I currently have cast aside LeCarre's "masterpiece" and picked up something not so renowned Genesis by Bernard Beckett. I will be offering up the review of that novel on Monday instead of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came In From The Cold....

No comments:

Post a Comment